Monday, January 17, 2022

Problem Solving

The Mystery KAL is coming along. Here's all I can show you, because I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone.



I'm about halfway through Clue #2. The new clue comes out on Wednesday.

I had to go and get more yarn to finish Dolly's turtleneck. The yarn I used didn't have enough in 50g. I'll find something to do with the leftover yarn, though.




The skirt was a challenge. I had a hard time getting all the pleats to be identical and still have it come out right to fit the yoke. It's very easy normally. The instructions are here. I cut the skirt width-of-fabric and the yoke at 13" for Dolly, otherwise the same as for the Happy Kidz. I ended up trimming the WOF a bit to get the pleats to turn out right. She's ready to join Gabi and the Glitter Girls Serinia at the LYS. I plan to take her on Tuesday.

I've done some cooking this week, but this was the only thing I got a photo of: my banana-oatmeal waffles, made with my GE waffle maker from 1965.



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
• 2 medium bananas
• 2 eggs
• 1 t vanilla 
• 1/4 C milk
• 1 T Oil
• 1 C rolled oats
• 1/4 C oat bran
• 1 T all-purpose flour
• 1 t baking powder
• 1/4 t salt

Directions
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Bake in waffle iron.

With Omicron in our area now, there has been a huge uptick in new Covid-19 cases, so the choir isn't singing in person. I miss it, but our new cases are running 700-900 a day, more than six times what our running average has been. I'm staying out of stores as much as possible, because most people aren't wearing their masks. It's the law, but businesses aren't enforcing it.

Friday night I made about 10 Mexican TV dinners to use up the big batch of Spanish rice I made up.

Tuesday we went for a long walk. Rocky walked about half of it. He rode in the stroller the rest of the time.

Dusty had his teeth cleaned on Wednesday.

Thursday I gave myself a haircut. It was very successful, because I had less hair when I got done. That's my measure of quality now.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: The Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery Knit Along, Clue #2.

What's on my loom: Still the trailer rugs.

What's on my sewing machine: The cover was off all day on Saturday while I made the skirt for Dolly (above). I hope to get working on the T-shirt quilt this week.

What's in my hoop: Still the whole-cloth quilt.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In "Earning a Living," Gabi goes off to promote our books in the local yarn shop. 




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Listening to Unthinkable by Jamie Raskin on the Audible app. 

What's in my wine glass: Luìs Vieira IG Lisboa Montaria Aragonez Alicante Bouschet 2018. A change of pace, and nice.

What's my tip of the week: I tend to lose track when I'm counting stitches, so I leave a marker every 20 stitches. Then if I lose track, I only have to count up to 20. (You do have to be able to count by 20s, though, to find out how many stitches you end up with, or at least multiply 20 by how many markers you had to use and then add how many are left after the last marker.) 

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment