Monday, January 10, 2022

Adventures in Living

My Covid-testing turned out to be quite an experience! (I tested negative.)
I had an appointment to get a 2-hour test at the local college. I received an email Monday morning stating that the clinic wouldn't open until 11:00 due to the blizzard. Everyone who had an appointment before then should just come at 11:00, and they would be worked in. When I found the place, there was a long line already, even though I was about 20 minutes early. I stood in line for more than half an hour (in a blizzard, with other masked people who were there because they thought they could have Covid) when the word came down the line that the organization's website said that all testing was cancelled for the day. I had been told on Thursday that Monday would be the optimum time to be tested to avoid a false negative, so I needed a new place to get tested. My phone was dead by then, so I went home. The County Covid Hotline told me that the local hospital had drive-through testing. They were closed for lunch, and Dusty had a grooming appointment at 1:00, so I dropped him off early and drove to the hospital. Two hours in bumper-to-bumper traffic later, and I had my test. This is a look at the line about 1/2 hour in.


The story does have a happy ending, though. My test came back negative. Wednesday I got the first clue in the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery KAL. I finished the first clue on Friday. I won't show it yet, because some people (maybe even someone reading this) may not want to know what the first clue looks like completed.




I had already started the Everyday Play Dress for Gabi to model at our local LYS, Fancywork. After I finished the first clue, I went back to it and finished it.



With that done, I made another trip to Fancywork to drop Gabi off, with the tag for the yarn pinned to the dress. I had received a call from the owner/manager earlier in the week, saying that a customer had bought a copy of Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook

The doll I ordered to model the 14" size of the turtleneck sweater (Pippa's Wonderland Turtle) arrived. First thing I did was try on the finished turtleneck from Pippa's wardrobe. I was happy with the it and proceeded to CO the sweater for her using the yarn from Fancywork.



I wasn't thrilled with the doll's hair, which appeared to be greasy, even though it wasn't.




I gave it a good shampoo, and I think it's better. Yesterday I finished the turtleneck.




She's ready to go to the LYS next time I go.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: The mystery KAL.

What's on my loom: Can you guess?

What's on my sewing machine: Its cover.

What's in my hoop: Still the whole-cloth quilt. a few stitches done.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: "The Visitors." Daphne's story became a springboard for this week's story.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to All About Me by Mel Brooks on the Audible app. Really enjoying it. It's looooooong. (Brooks has had a long life, and he's still at it.) I've seen most of his movies, some of them several times, so I can visualize what he's talking about when he relates scenes from them. He's very funny.

What's in my wine glass: Evandria Selección Garnacha 2017. A new one for us. Pretty good.

What's my tip of the week: Making "French fries" in the air fryer is easy, but it's good to soak the cut-up potatoes for an hour or two, then dry them before mixing them with your seasonings and putting them in the preheated fryer.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment