Monday, October 25, 2021

More Things Done!

I finally found the right yarns for the colorwork sweater for Pippa, and it's done.


It's fairly quick, once you have the right yarn and colors. We (Pippa and I) had a fun time with the photo shoot.


The pattern is now available in my Ravelry store.



Our zucchinis needed to be harvested, so we did (harvest them). It was interesting to find out that our zucchinis were more like Acorn squash. We suspect a vagrant bee played a little easy and loose with a neighbor's garden. Anyway, It was too tough to peel or cut open, so I roasted them. They tasted like Acorn squash, even though they were shaped like zucchini, and the seeds were small and soft. They were good, but not what we expected.



We ordered some wheat bran online, and it arrived this week, so I made bran muffins. My friend Eevi had made some Marionberry jam and left some for me with her aunt who lives in Bend. It was yummy.


This week my beloved Red Sox won their last game of the season, and they aren't going to the World Series. It was a lot of fun watching the games, though.


The roof is almost done. Here's a look at the new shingles. It was raining as I was writing this, so I will have to post an update next week. The heat tape still needs to be reinstalled anyway.


Sunday (yesterday) we went to see a performance of the Central Oregon Symphony at the Bend High School Auditorium. Everyone was masked, and families sat 6' or further away from others. We heard Mozart's "Symphony No. 35," Wagner's "Siegfried Idyll" and J. Strauss' "Tritsch-Tratsch Polka." It was a lovely performance!

It's getting that time of year again. Here's Johan carving a pumpkin in and intricate dragon motif.



My copies of Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are on their way to me, but I'm unable to get a delivery date yet. UPS is apparently having some Covid-related delays. However, if you're in a hurry and you don't need an autographed copy, you can order from the Book Baby now. If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them. (There are no reviews yet on B&N.) I'm finding out that Emil is helping sell Mariah, as several people have asked to reserve both books for them. Right now, I still have plenty of my first book. Here's hoping I can say that about both books next week!


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Now that the colorwork sweater for Pippa is finished, I'm back to the Taina Shawlette, but it's close to finishing, too.

What's on my loom: Still the trailer rugs. A little progress this week.

What's on my sewing machine: Still its cover....

What's in my hoop: Still the whole cloth quilt. A little progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: To Flap or not To Flap. Mandy explains why airplanes don't have to flap their wings to fly. Stories are written through November 26, but two still need the photos.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to Wildwood by Colin Meloy on the Audible app. 

What's in my wine glass: Masal 1945 Carménère 2018 from Chile. Very nice!

What's my tip of the week: Do you ever have trouble getting the soap plunger to come out so it will work? I have, and this week I finally decided to find out how to fix it. I found this, and it worked. DH says not to rinse the pipe, but instead use pliers and rinse them when you're done. Otherwise, it wastes too much soap. Good idea. Either way, it works.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner. (Book Baby already has copies!)
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment