Monday, November 16, 2020

Goodreads!

This week, the book made it onto the Barnes & Noble website and Goodreads.


Goodreads wanted me to fill out some information to prove that I was the author, but that's taken care of now, and it's official. The four younger grandkids received their copies from me. I sent them off at the Post Office on Monday, after dropping off a copy for the church library.

Mr. Truly Me 74 now has a homemade turtleneck. It's finished, and I made notes on the modifications on the project page on Ravelry.


Here it is from the back:


It also makes a good cardigan.



I'm pretty busy with the book right now, but I have some clothes coming for Mr. Truly Me, so he will be ready to send off in a few days. 

We returned our political signs to the candidates, so they can use them again. We kept one special one as a souvenir.



Our sourdough starter is really well-developed now.  It's making very nice loaves of bread with almost no yeast. I think I'll try the next loaf with no yeast at all.



I made cookies, too, because I needed them for Friday's story. Of course, we had to eat them after taking the photos.



This week's story is Apostrophes! Pippa isn't sure she learned enough in class to be able to do her homework, and the boys are building something in the dining room with Legos. I always like action shots more than the shots where they're just sitting around talking. This was my favorite photo from this week's story.



Rocky had his annual physical on Saturday. All his bloodwork was good. He has a problem with one eye. I'm not sure what it is, but it affects his vision, and there is treatment. He's getting a steroid medication in the form of drops in that eye. We will have a recheck in two weeks. He's 16. Miniature poodles don't usually live much past 17. He seems to still enjoy his life, though, just like his human parents.


What's on my needles: Another dishcloth, just to have something to knit during meetings.

What's on my sewing machine: Waiting for next assignment.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. More progress this week. I finished another section, but no photos. One section looks like another.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Apostrophes!

What's on my iPad/iPhone: I'm back to Dean Koontz's Elsewhere.

What's in my wine glass: Cattoo Petite Syrah, 2018 from Naked Wines. I really liked this one!

What's my tip of the week: Do you have a young person who is regretting not being able to visit Santa this year? Santa is available for visits via Zoom, because who understands technology better than Santa? Donations are encouraged, as this is a fundraiser for Cove/COPY, a non-profit providing camp and other positive experiences for at-risk children.




Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available for preorder from Amazon and Barnes & Noble, to be released December 1st.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment