Monday, February 17, 2020

Seeing Purple...or Red. Or Pink

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day! 


We did here, starting with the story that came out on Friday, Valentine's Day.
In the story, which was really a poem with sort of a Victorian flavor, Billy wore the hat I finished for him on Monday. The pattern I used is here. It was a fun knit and very quick.


It looks like I'm into purple these days, but the purple yarn for Billy's hat was in my stash and went with his Victorian boy's outfit. More purple can be found in my Maine Memories Cardigan, which is coming along slowly. The pattern is Midcoast by Jennifer Steingass. If you haven't been following my blog posts, it's supposed to be a pullover, but I don't have much use for pullovers, so I'm going to steek it and make a cardigan.


You can see the sleeve I'm working on is a little longer now. I took this photo from the back this time, which looks a little tidier than the front with it's steek stitches. I didn't have much time to work on it this past week because last week's clue for the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery Knit Along was more time consuming. It was a big lace section. Today the last clue comes out. After this week, I can get back to finishing up the cardigan, and maybe get back to work on my whole-cloth quilt.

I did get a little red and pink in my life this week. DH brought me a Valentine's present of a lovely azalea plant.


I made him some homemade ice cream for Valentine's Day. Here's my recipe:

1 32-oz tub of whole-milk plain Greek Yoghurt (I used Chobani, which is yummy just by itself.)
1/3 cup of raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Stir them all together and freeze in your ice-cream freezer. It tastes a little like cheesecake.
We have a Hamilton Beach ice-cream freezer with the container you put in your deep freeze until you're ready for it.

We have walked every day, although it has been cold and sometimes windy. We aren't doing the two-mile walk this time of year; it's just too cold.

My Connecting Threads catalogue came a few days ago. There's a lot of yummy-looking fabric in it. However, it will be a while before I can order anything. I have a Knit Picks order coming to use the gift certificate I received for Christmas. I bought a set of their new Prism Interchangeable Needles. Of course, I had to reach into my budget and add a few things beyond what my gift certificate was worth, but it was a nice gift, and it's on its way.



What's on my needles: The Main Memories Cardigan, the Rose City Yarn Crawl MKAL, and maybe something else as soon as I finish one or both of them.

What's on my sewing machine: Waiting for another doll costume, as yet to be determined.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. Another week with no progress. I hope to get back to it soon.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Valentine's Day, a poem set in Victorian times, more or less.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Just finishing up Blowout by Rachel Maddow. It's very enlightening!

What's in my wine glass: Trader Joe's Charles Shaw Merlot (Two-buck Chuck, which costs a little more than that now, especially outside California, but still a bargain).

What's my tip of the week: Do you have a bathroom sink that's clogged? Before you try a caustic drain cleaner, pick up one of these handy little gadgets. This one is a Cobra Products Zip-it Drain Cleaner. It's available on Amazon, but you can also find similar devices locally at hardware stores and home-improvement stores.





Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment