Monday, February 3, 2020

Food and Friends

Cheesecake!


Now that I have you attention, here's what has been happening around my place in the past week. Starting with yesterday, there was the Super Bowl. My BIL and a friend of his came to enjoy the game with us. He brought the cheesecake. His friend brought chips and dip. 


We provided the wine and beer, and I made lasagne and corn salad. It was a good excuse to get the house more or less clean.

Some help with that was provided by a surprise visit from a Park City friend. She arrived just a little while after a surprise visit from DBIL. Carol is the daughter of my long-time friend Ellen, who lives in Florida but used to visit Park City often. We met during coffee hour after church back when we still lived in our condo, before we moved to our house in the Utah mountains, so that must have been 19-20 years ago. Carol's son Colby was just a little boy when we first met. Thursday, Carol and her husband, Jeff, dropped in to see us on their way to Sun River for skiing with their grandkids. We had a nice visit.


Colby had just won two Gold Medals at the X-Games in Aspen, along with Jeep's "Best In Snow" award. Here you can see his qualifying run for Slopestyle January 24th. He went on to win a Silver at Mammoth on Friday. We had a nice visit with Carol and Jeff. (Colby was my inspiration for Jolena's participation in aerials.)


My Kalonchoe plant is blooming and played a major role in Friday's story in The Doll's Storybook, "Being Green Makes it Easy," in which Mandy explains to the boys why plants are green and how they contribute breathable air for people.


While watching the game, I just about finished the ribbing on my Maine Memories Cardigan. I already have one sleeve on the needles. I did that before the game started, just in case, but I didn't get that far...to busy hostessing.


Here are the handles and knobs for our kitchen cabinets. DH will install them. He's good at this, even though he has tremors.


We did some walking with the dogs, almost every day, although the rain kept our walks short for a couple of days. Sunday was a nice day, but very cold and slightly windy, so we walked fast!



What's on my needles: Still my Maine Memories Cardigan. Making progress. The Rose City Yarn Crawl MKAL project. I'm not posting my in-progress photos, because some people want to work the project without knowing ahead of time what it will look like. You can see my project in the Spoilers thread here, comment #50.

What's on my sewing machine: Still the boy's costume for the Victorian Valentine tableaux.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. Another week with no progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Being Green Makes It Easy.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still Blowout. A couple of hours down.

What's in my wine glass: Beringer Chardonnay. Not bad for a Chardonnay, which isn't my favorite, but this one avoids being too bland or too sweet.

What's my tip of the week: When knitting a project where you add a stitch on one edge each RS row, until you have X number of stitches, I put a marker one stitch in after the first increase. Then I only have to count the stitches added, rather than knitting all of the stitches on the needle, which really makes a difference when there are a lot of them.





Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post again Peggy. Looked for it in Quilt with us, but it's not there this week. I love that sweater!

    ReplyDelete