Monday, August 19, 2019

Changes

We're getting our house painted. Here's what we started out with:



We picked our colors from this pretty house:



On Wednesday they pressure-washed the house. They came back on Friday to start. First took down the decorative shutters. They did the masking, then they filled in areas that needed filling, scraped peeled paint and started with primer (that pinkish-grey color). Next they put on the first coat of white. On Saturday they worked for a few hours and then went home. Here's what it looked like mid-morning on Saturday.



They are back today to continue.

I changed two more T-shirts from plain to interesting using the iron-on photo-transfer process. Here's Mandy's.



Then Jolena's.



I learned from my mistakes last time. My iron needs to be set on linen, and I need to iron the heck out of it, turning it over to press again on the back. Images are free from UIHere. (Some of their images have royalties, so you have to pick and choose. I added the text to both. (There is no US Doll Ski Team, so I can't get into trouble, there, either.)

I'm using a free baby dress pattern trying to see if it would be suitable for a doll dress. I'm using fingering weight yarn and my smallest needles (2mm for the bodice and 2.25mm for the skirt). It's still coming out a bit big, but it might be all right, once the ribbon is threaded through the holes at the waist.



The story from Friday was based very loosely on The Three Little Pigs. Three dolls have an adventure they weren't expecting in An Encounter with a Wolf.



On Thursday, we hiked in Shevlin Park again. This time it was just the two of us. The park is very beautiful, with very tall trees (Ponderosa, I think).



There's a stream running along close to the trail, so we don't have to take water for the dogs.



The Walk for a Dog app changed its app considerably. I'm still learning how it works, but it looks very different. Now we have levels we can work for. I had been setting my own goals. We're already on Level 4.



We were in second place in the group of people and dogs walking for Best Friends Animal Society until our walk on Sunday. Now we're tied for first place with someone who may still have walked on Sunday but hadn't yet.



One new feature I really like is the interactive map that shows you where you are in real time, instead of just the walk you completed. The app is free. It's supported by advertising.

That evening, we went with DBIL to the Bend Brew Fest. Attendees buy tokens and a mug for tasting. Your beer chances with each stop at one of the booths.





Each sample is 2 ounces of a beer of your choice from among the 100 breweries represented.



DH and I shared the sampling. There were food trucks lines up and serving, so we ate there, too. The weather was perfect.

Sunday evening we went out with DBIL and his friend Hank. We went to the Monkless Brewery. They have beers with a higher alcohol content than most, and the names are interesting, such as "Meet Your Maker."


What's on my needles: The Best Sunday Baby Dress to fit a doll (with luck). I think it may be a bit big for the Happy Kidz, but it has ribbon around the waist, which should help, and it may fit the much plumper American Girls well, which will help people who are knitting for these dolls.

What's on my sewing machine: Waiting.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. No progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: An Encounter with a Wolf.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished The Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey. It was very good. Now reading The Adventuress: The House for a Season, series, Book 5, by M. C. Beaton. An interesting tale with a lot of humor, as always.

What's in my wine glass: Monkless Belgian Ale, only it was in a beer glass. A nice change.

What's my tip of the week: I've learned that dogs like anyone's kibble but the one they're used to, so a different kibble, especially puppy kibble, makes a good treat. Just feed one as a treat. Sometimes you can pick up samples. Dogs like changes, too.




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely place to live!
    Those little tshirts are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete