Monday, November 14, 2016

Quilt Show and Cuteness

Vintage Stitchers met at Barbara's.


Carol was working on a charity quilt. She's trying to use up her '30s reproduction fabrics. Still. I have the same problem. I just found another box of these fun fabrics while working on cleaning up my fiber studio. I think I've figured out why they're called "reproduction" fabrics. 

Brenda show us this fun top:

Marilyn has had her "Goodnight Irene" quilt top quilted.
Here's a closeup of the quilting.

Barbara has this fun quilt finished.
Carol says she's disappointed in how this quilt looks, but I like it. 
I worked on quilting my Delectable Pathways quilt. It will get done someday.
In knitting news, all the doll clothes are off the needles and I'm back to my "So-not-my-palette Cardigan." The second sleeve is coming along.

DH was too lazy to make me a fire, but he was willing to turn on the electric heater.

Friday was a nice day, so we took the pups hiking above Gorgoza Park, where there is already snow on the ground, as they have been making snow every night for the tubing park.
I think Dusty covered three times the distance of nearly two miles. Both pups slept well after we got back.

Speaking of sleeping well, here are two of the grandkids and our grandpup sleeping in the car during a family vacation.




What's on my needles: The “So-not-my-palette Cardigan” second sleeve is coming along. 

What's on my Featherweight: Done for now. I ordered some poodle PJs for Hannah, so I won't have to make any. I'm working on my fiber studio, trying to get it cleaned up. so I can sew in there.

What's on my wheel: Still put away for now.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to music for Park City Singers. Davenport House by Marie Silk is in my Kindle app on my iPad. I still haven't read enough of it yet to know how good it is.

What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec, one of our regulars.

What's my tip of the week: If you want to make all your fat quarters and other small fabric pieces the same size, cut a piece of shirt cardboard (or cereal box) to the size you want. Fold the fabric to fit, leaving at least one end open, so you can slide the cardboard out and reuse it. I made mine to fit my cabinets.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment