Monday, November 21, 2016

Folding Up Shop

A good part of the week has been spent pressing and folding fabric.



I have them categorized by '30s repros, 19th-Century repros, solids, kids prints, batiks and everything else by color. Yardage is folded separately from small pieces and fat quarters. I'm using small plastic baskets to keep the smaller pieces organized. I still have a lot to go, but I hope to finish in time to clean up for Christmas visitors without having to stuff fabric away unpressed and unsorted. To make matters worse, I just found more fabric. Wish me luck.

Whenever my back got tired from my "pressing business" I knit a few rounds on the second sleeve of my "So-not-my-palette Cardigan. I'm looking forward to making the front and neck ribbing.



Common Threads was supposed to meet at Georgette's on Thursday, but Karan filled in because of the snow. Georgette brought the refreshments to Karan's house. Karan lives at a lower elevation and has a flat driveway, so it's better for snowy weather. Not everyone has their snow tires on yet, so the substitution was much appreciated.

Karan has finished the center of her appliqué quilt top. I think she still has borders to add, but it's otherwise done.



Karan and Margareth are making potholders to use as gifts.




Margareth is turning out to be an excellent quilter. She seems to be good at everything she takes on.

The pajamas for Hannah and the twin boys arrived. Here's Buddy modeling his moose jammies with the moose slippers. Both boys have the same outfits to sleep in. 



Here are his slippers.



Hannah chose poodle jammies and slippers.




Important note: I did NOT make the pajamas or the slippers. They all came from The Doll Clothes Store, a good source of reasonably priced doll clothes and accessories. Buddy and Dude came from My Sibling Dolls. Hannah is a Götz doll. She came from a shop in Amsterdam (found on eBay) called Two 4 Toys.

We managed to get in a hike and a few walks with the pups before the snow hit. Here's DH with Rocky.



I had Dusty on a long leash for training not to chase bicycles, and there were a lot of them. Evidently he has learned not to chase them if he has the long leash on. Plan B is coming.

The pups have been resting up for the next adventure.



The snow on Thursday wasn't a big deal, but we were able to build a couple of piles of snow on the front deck for the dogs to use as a litter box when the snow is coming off the roof in back making our backyard unsafe for them.



What's on my needles: The “So-not-my-palette Cardigan” second sleeve is coming along. 

What's on my Featherweight: Waiting for the next project.

What's on my wheel: Still put away for now.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to music for Park City Singers. Davenport House by Marie Silk is in my Kindle app on my iPad. The story is good. The writing is a little stilted and contains some grammar/usage errors. It's getting easier to read, though. Maybe I'm getting used to it.

What's in my wine glass: Trapiche Malbec, 2014 vintage.

What's my tip of the week: You can glue a small magnet on the end of a wooden dowel long enough to reach the floor when you hold it in your hand at a comfortable height. If you drop a pin and can't find it, just graze the floor with your handy magnet tool, and the pin will jump onto the magnet. Or you could just let my DH walk across the area. Pins and needles are attracted to his feet.




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment