Monday, September 14, 2015

Passing of Time

The Fair Isle Flower Socks are finished and on my feet.


Thanks to Raveler Blackberryb for the inspiration. You can see her socks here. The pattern is Fair Isle Flower Socks by Candice DeWitt. The yarn is Lang Jawoll Aktion and Stroll Sock Yarn "White."
I couldn't resist casting on more socks, partly because my Stroll Dandelion was calling to me, and partly because...why not?

I wanted something semi-mindless to work on. Also, I was inspired by this great sunflower, here juxtaposed in front of the tar buckets DH is using to refinish our driveway before the snow comes.

Vintage Stitchers didn't meet this week, because so many people were out of town, but some of us showed up at Joanie's on Friday to keep her company and knit some, so I now have this:


The pattern is Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder, but with this bright color, I'm calling mine Hermione's Not-So-Everyday Socks. 

Sunny's diet has been paying off. She's about the right weight now, all thanks to smaller portion sizes, ladies. Here's a glamor shot of her:

The hiking is still good, but most of the hummingbirds have left and the leaves are starting to turn. With a week to go until the Autumnal Equinox, the sun has moved noticeably to the south and is making its appearance later each day. Here's what Sunday's sunrise looked like.

Enjoy the nice weather while you can. We will be!
Finally, Happy 50th anniversary to my adorable DH tomorrow, September 15th.

What's on my needles: Hermione's Not-So-Everyday Socks. Still hoping to CO the March of the Fiber Animals Cardigan for DH. Finished a few more hexagons for the Busy Bee Throw.
What's on my Featherweight: First Ladies Quilt. Still.
What's on my wheel: Languishing, but I have some yummy spinning fiber to inspire me.
What's on my loom: Multi-scrap scarf, no progress since before the trip.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Jodi Taylor's A Trail Through Time, on Audible, then L. A. Meyer's My Bonny Light Horseman from the library on the Overdrive app. Now listening to Lady Maybe by Julie Klassen on the Audible app. Good so far. Read Mistaken Kiss by Kathleen Baldwin on the Kindle app. Humorous and fun. Now reading Blood Red from the library, an actual book. I think it will be a good read without the narrator.
What's in my wine glass: Foxhorn Merlot. A good value if you like merlot, and we do.
What's my tip of the week: If you need to remove a label or sticker, the easiest way is to use your hair dryer to heat it up. Usually it will peel right off. (Just make sure you don't melt the item you want to keep nice if its plastic.) Any adhesive residue can usually be removed by using the sticker itself or some tape to stick and pull off repeatedly over the spot.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment