Monday, August 10, 2015

In Stitches

The Steampunk Shawlette is finished and in use:
The pattern is The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief by Orange Flower Yarn. The yarn is Malabrigo Arroyo in Piedras. DDIL2 and I made a trip to Wasatch & Wool, my local yarn shop, while the kids were visiting, and we both CO the same project, hers in a lovely colorway in shades of purple. She finished hers quickly, and I finished mine this past week.
Now I'm back to the Coral Reef Shawl, using Knit Picks 100% Merino Lace Weight I had dyed with Orange and Cherry Kool-Aid and a few drops of black food coloring. I'm just starting the border pattern.

The pattern is Enzian by Sue Berg, a free Ravelry pattern.
Also on my needles is Cookie A's Monkey Socks, which I've named "Pink Monkey."

The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll in Dogwood Heather. I CO these on the plane on the way back from Europe, because I wanted something entertaining. I didn't want to risk the ire of Amsterdam Security again with the NP needle tips, so I packed my Coral Reef Shawl in our checked luggage.
Also moving along is the first of the Fair Isle Flower Socks, now moving down the foot.
The yarn is Jawoll Aktion and Stroll Sock Yarn in White.
Quilters: Fear not, I will have something to report to the quilting world next week. Wednesday is my First Ladies class, and Thursday is Vintage Stitchers. My camera is ready!


What's on my needles: The Coral Reef Shawl, the Pink Monkey Socks and the Fair Isle Flower Socks.

What's on my Featherweight: The next block for the First Ladies Quilt

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Just finished listening to Georgette Heyer's These Old Shades and Devil's Cub, one after the other, both from Audible. The characters from the first book make an appearance in the second one. Both were good. Now Listening to The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen. Reading Private by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro in iBooks.

What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec 2013, one of our favorites.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment