Monday, January 12, 2015

Back in the Saddle

I'm almost back to normal, and finally getting some knitting done. My Sandy Beach Scarf is coming along.


The orange stitch marker shows the halfway point in the length. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Lace, alpaca, silk and cashmere.

Soren's hat is finished and in the mail to him. I used this easy pattern:


My Sock Ruler arrived:


Can't wait to try it out!

Things have been pretty quiet this past week (like Lake Wobegon?), but I got out with the pups on Saturday, so they could have a run on the street. I'm hoping to get my strength back, so I can get back to quilting, which takes more energy than knitting. The Sundance Film Festival starts soon, too, so I need to be ready for that.

In the meantime, this week's cuteness is a photo of Johan's first swim lesson:


What's on my needles: Making good progress on the Sandy Beach Scarf.

What's on my Featherweight: Still put away in its case.

What's on my loom: Some warp for another scarf, but still folded up.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Just finished Cousin Kate by Gergette Heyer from Audible, darker than her usual, reminiscent of Jane Eyre. Finished reading Dead Center by Danielle Girard, not really into anything new yet.

What's my app of the week: Netflix. When I was too weak to read, I was able to watch movies on my iPad.

What's in my wine glass: Redwood Creek Pinot Noir, a delightful new find.

What's my tip of the week: Dried onions and garlic come in handy if health or weather don't permit getting out to the store. Extra bananas can be sliced and frozen on a cookie sheet to save for when fresh food is hard to come by.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment