Monday, December 8, 2014

Finishing Up the Year

Rocky's Sheep Sweater is finished.


I used the same pattern as the one I made for him previously, only with a different stranded pattern, using this time the sheep motif from "The March of the Fibres." Here's the link to the Ravelry page for Rocky's new sweater.

Common Threads met on Thursday. Margareth had finished her hat, and she had some new books to show off.


Karan had finished this shawlette.


Lynda has been meeting with Ginny to paint together. Ginny has been doing a lot of painting lately, but Lynda hasn't painted for years. She's back on the groove, thanks to collaboration with Ginny. It goes to show how we inspire and learn from each other.


I brought my "Reflections of Butterflies in Lemonade" quilt for show-and-tell. Ellen and Lynda held it up for a photo.


Here's the label, printed on EQ Printables printable fabric sheets. (Thanks, Davidene!):


Janet brought her finished Plus Sign quilt.


Ellen and I went to Salt Lake City on Tuesday. We stopped at Elaine's Quilt Block, and I picked up some fabric I liked.


Then this came in the mail from Connecting Threads:


Park City Singers performed at Swiss Christmas in Midway on Saturday morning, and Janet and I rode together. We stopped in at Seasons of Home, which was just catty corner from the City Hall building, where the performance was held. I picked up some nice fabrics to go with the ones I got from Elaine's. They were having a big sale, too. Here are the three half-yard pieces and three fats I picked up on Saturday (on the left).


Gotta love sales! (Like I need more fabric.)


What's on my needles: The Johan socks and Mr. F's clothes. The new sweater for Rocky is finished and in use. Still hand-quilting my Spring Flowers quilt, two appliqué blocks done and a little more than 1/3 of the entire quilt finished.

What's on my Featherweight: Still silently waiting for the next sewing project.

What's on my loom: The scarf I started some time ago, but I'm making good progress, now that some other projects are finished. I plan on warping for some rag rugs after the holidays.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Jodi Taylor's A Symphony of Echos, the second volume of The Chronicles of St. Mary's. Now listening to Dyeing Wishes by Molly MacRae. Both of these were from Audible. Still reading Sherwood Smith's Crown Duel, from Book Bub on the iBook app.

What's my app of the week: The Music app. I made a nice playlist with Christmas music, which I can play through our stereo using my Satechi radio transmitter or through our little JBL portable speaker, which I can wear around the house, attached to a belt loop by the built-in cabiner.

What's in my wine glass: Nathanson Creek Merlot, the big bottle.

What's my tip of the week: A pedicure outing makes a nice activity if you're having ladies (young or old) to visit over the holidays.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment