Monday, August 18, 2014

Needles and Pins

Chugging away on the Delectable Pathways quilt:


This is the last of three panels, and I only have two more flowers left to appliqué. 

The Puyallup Socks are done and on my feet:


I tried something different on these socks.  I always wear out my socks on the part of the sole that's at the heel. I decided to knit that part of the sole with the MC and the CC together, cutting the CC at the end of that part of the sole on each round, and weaving in the ends when the sock is finished.  We'll see how it holds up.


The Johan socks are getting close to the heel:


In Sisters I visited The Stitchin' Post and bought some fats and their special Calendar The Men Behind the Quilts, mostly so I could see the back of the calendar.


This calendar was a big hit at Vintage Stitchers.


A friend brought some fabric samples for us to go through and take home.


The last session like this we had netted me many of the fabrics I used for Johan's baby quilt. This time I got more fabrics for quilts for grandkids and some great fabrics that go with my souvenir fats from Sisters.

Rebecca gave me her house block for the Habitat for Humanity quilt:


We had some other great quilts to show in various stages of completion. Janet had been working on this Valentine's quilt:


She was putting the binding on this one you've seen before:


Brenda finished this machine-appliquéd quilt top:


...and Janet showed us this machine-appliquéd block:


This was a block-of-the-month quilt from Davidene's. Janet says to just shoot her if she signs up for another block-of-the-month quilt. However, her machine-appliqué has improved considerably while working on this project, a fact she recognizes.

Carol finished this quilt too:


Barbara made four of these Alzheimer's/dementia "fidget" or sensory quilts:


The pups have been enjoying being home again. Yesterday we took them to the local pond to swim after a hike. There were lots of other dogs there.


What's on my needles: Cat Bordhi's "Bavarian Twisted Stitch" socks from her book, Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles, which I've named the Johan Socks. 
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Dean Koontz's The City. Ready to start a new one. Reading Joseph Lallo's The Book of Deacon from Book Bub
What's my app of the week: Gas Buddy. This app was very useful on our trip whenever we approached a city where we planned to get gas. We could find the cheapest gas close to where we were. When your trip is 700+ miles, round trip, and you don't get very many miles to the gallon because you're pulling a trailer, it's good to save as much as you can.
What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw (Two-buck Chuck) Shiraz picked up at Trader Joe's in Oregon.
What's my tip of the week: Do you use plastic trash can liners in your trash cans? I got this tip from my many visits to motels. When you remove and throw away the trash, don't just pull out one new plastic bag to replace it; pull out four or five. Before installing the new bag, drop the extras in the bottom of the trash can. This will save time when it's time to toss the trash again.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment