Monday, June 9, 2014

Hitting the Road

Soren's I-spy quilt arrived, and he is clearly enjoying it!
The top for the quilt for his baby brother (due in August) is almost done. Only the embroidered eye on the horse to do, and then off to the quilter.
The pattern is based on "Twin Stars" from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.
One of the little tricks I've learned for making flying geese blocks is to match up the corners of the square I've sewn onto the rectangle. Then I press it in place.
I can then cut the extra fabric off the back, and my flying geese block will be an exact rectangle.
There has been progress on the first sleeve for the Mary Tudor. I'm now working on the cap of the sleeve. I elected to make it with a steek, rather than knit back and forth.
Common Threads met at Kay's on Thursday. Karan was working on this shawlette:
Janet finished this lovely quilt, with Minky on the back. Here's Kay playing Vanna White with Janet's quilt.
We hiked on Saturday to wear the pups out, so they wouldn't mind staying at home on Sunday, while we marched in the Pride Parade in Salt Lake City. 
Some of us skipped church to participate in the Parade. (Next time, I'm going to try to stand next to a shorter person!)
We had a great time. It was amazing how many people showed up to watch the parade.
In other news, our reward for putting up with months of snow is an abundance of beautiful wildflowers in our yard and along the hiking trails. This choke cherry has the most delicious aroma!
What's on my needles: Mary Tudor cardigan, almost done with first sleeve.
What's on my Featherweight: Back to Delectable Pathways, still waiting to finish hand appliqué.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished A Kiss before Dying. Now I'm listening to Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber on the Overdrive app and reading Pursuit and Persuasion by Sally Wright from Book Bub on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: Vtok for Google Voice. I call from my Google Voice number if I know I'm going to be on the phone for a long time. It's free, you just need an internet connection for it to work.
What's in my wine glass: A Greek wine, Agiorgitiko Nemea 2010. Great with Greek food, which we love, but good with other cuisines, too.
What's my tip of the week:  Brush your dog's teeth, the outside edges. It saves them exposure to anesthesia, not to mention saving you the expense. 

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment