Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Fun, Part 1

We had a great Christmas visit in Wisconsin.
It was a white Christmas, and when it wasn't too cold, we had some play time.
The presents were lovely. For example, here's my Fabric Haul, part one. (More coming during a shopping trip to Kokomo/Indianapolis.)
I also got a "shopping spree" at Knit Picks. I bought Wool of the Andes Bulky in a variety of "flavors" for weaving rugs.
The pups got some presents, too, and enjoyed sharing them. With each other.
During the trip to Wisconsin and during the visit, I worked on Soren's "Green Pastures" cardigan and finished it, except for sewing the buttons on and blocking, which I will do when we get home. The pattern is "Welcome to the Flock" by Julia Farwell-Clay. The yarn is Swish Worsted in Dublin, White and Black.
Daphne has been wearing her bigger version, which she got for Christmas. I love that she recognized that the blobs across the yoke were supposed to be sheep. We went out for breakfast at the Blue Moon in Onalaska for my birthday, the day after Christmas. Daphne enjoyed playing Zoo Train on my iPhone.
We got the waitress to take a photo of all of us after our food arrived.
Daughter Karen and I were wearing our boas, made for us by SIL/DIL Alexa. Karen and I are both knitters, so we appreciate the work that goes into any knitted gift, and love that someone knitted for us!
Zachary had fun eating--I mean drawing with--the crayons.
I was so grateful not to be sick on my birthday and remembered the awful time I had last year. Good health is the best present of all!
I worked on my "Green Tea" socks. Here's where I was a couple of days ago. 
The yarn is Panda Silk, and the pattern is  the Broad Spiral Rib from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. I have finished the first sock and started the second. I hope to post a photo of it next week.
We left Wisconsin on Saturday to go to Indiana. Planned excitement there includes a do-it-yourself quilt-shop-hop, when I will spend the "funny money" I got for Christmas designated for just such an adventure. It will be wonderful to see our son and his wife. They didn't make it to our camping trip, so it will be a great reunion.
What's on my needles: "Green Tea" socks for me, one sock finished, second one started. Dogwood Blossoms and Christmas Waffle sweater, travel knitting.
What's on my loom: Christmas present scarves languishing on the loom at home.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: During the trip here, we listened to Innocence by Dean Koontz from audible. Perhaps his best yet. I'm still listening to The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey from Audible. Listening to the Fiber Hooligan podcast and the Knit Picks podcast.
What's my app of the week: Zoo Train. Wonderful entertainment for a preschooler. 
What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw (aka "Two-Buck Chuck" or "Three-Buck Chuck," depending on where you buy it. For us, it's "Three-Buck Chuck," because we bought it at the Trader Joe's in Rochester, MN) Merlot. Taking some home. 
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment