Monday, September 2, 2013

Cloudy Days; Bright Colors, Kids and Pets


Have I been busy? Isn't it Labor Day? The placemats are coming along:
The yellow is the center of the placemat. I'm using Dishie worsted in Fiesta RedConchClementine and Creme Brûlée, with just a touch of Swan.
The Waffle Sweater is seeing some progress, too:
The yarn is Swish DK in Lava Heather. The pattern is Jon Gilliam's Men's Texture-striped Raglan.
Here's a closeup of the Tunisian knitting. It's accomplished by a round of (YO, sl 1) all around, then K2tog tbl all around. It gives sort of a needlepoint-stitch look, interspersed with rounds of stockinette. The waffle pattern is a type of lace, but more manly looking than most lace patterns.
Here's a look at the appliqué progress
Two flowers, a stem or two and a few leaves to go.
I renewed Knitter's Magazine, one of my Zinio subscriptions, and got a call from my bank, which manages my credit card. Apparently Zinio is in the UK, and they got concerned because I had a charge from my dairy in Utah and Zinio in the UK on the same day. They wondered how I could be in both places at once. Nice to know they're on the job!
Rocky's birthday was Saturday. I can't believe he's nine years old! Both dogs get a present when one of them has a birthday. Rocky got a toy raccoon, which he promptly disemboweled. It's nice he doesn't eat the guts. Fiber is good for you, but....
Sunny got a toy squirrel for Rocky's birthday. She promptly took it into her "cave" and looked out as if to say, "This squirrel is mine! My precious!"
The pups and I went to the pond in the afternoon, where the pups had a swim and played in the water. It's nice to have a friend to play with!
There were some big dogs to play with, too, and Rocky had fun running around with them, but Sunny was a little intimidated by their size and activity level. Both dogs got in some swimming, though, and came home worn out.
Daphne and Zachary think it's nice to have someone to play with, too! (Or are they working?)
Here's Zombie Soren, after his parents finished the Portland to Coast race last weekend, on team Walking Dead
What's on my needles: Waffle sweater and Dogwood Blossoms.
What's on my loom: Warm colorway placemats.
What's on my Featherweight: Helping Joanie with her paper-pieced pine-tree blocks, ready to piece the Delectable Mountain block strips, when appliqué is done.
What's on my wheel: Still the Full Circle Roving in Caramel, bobbin #2. Making progress.
What's on my iPad/iPhone (books): Just finished  Comfort Food, one of the Friday Night Knitting Club novels by Kate Jacobs, this one from the library through the OverDrive app. Then listened to I, Alex Cross, by James Patterson and Rose Harbor Inn by Debbie Macomber also on the Overdrive app. For bedtime reading, I finished the eBook Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber, one of the Blossom Street novels, also from the library by way of the OverDrive app. Now I'm reading Stranger in Town by Cheryl Bradshaw on the iBooks app. (I found this one for $.99 through Book Bub.) Finally, I just started A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness from Audible.
What's my app of the week: Public Radio Player. We discontinued Sirius, so I bought a Satechi transmitter that fits into my iPhone or iPad. With the Public Radio Player app, I can transmit live streaming from my favorite PBS radio station to our stereo. (We can't receive any radio up here in the mountains.) The transmitter can also be used in the car and for transmitting music from my music app or an audiobook, either while driving or in our living room.
What's in my wine glass: Amberhill Select Blend 2010, which we discovered a year ago and is now one of our favorites.
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook, using the iPad and iPhone for photos and photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment