Monday, July 15, 2013

In All Directions


The Tour de Fleece (TdF) continues. My third “bump” of Full Circle Roving is more than half done. This is the first bobbin of "Carmel."
The second bobbin is on the wheel.
In Bunny Suit progress, the right leg is done. The left leg has been cast on and a couple of inches finished.
The Lantana Socks are coming along:
The pattern is the Waterfall Rib, a six-stitch pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. The yarn is Knit Picks' old Essential sock yarn in "Lantana," hence the name.
Vintage Stitchers met at Diane’s. Her “Hop to It!” quilt is finished and mounted on the wall.
The pattern is from the book of the same name by Edyta Sitar. Diane kept the sashing simple.
She’s working on this quilt. It give the impression of mountains:
Carol has finished this tessellation quilt and is sewing the binding on. She used the back of the quilt to practice sewing with metallic thread.
I’m working on pillow #3 of the class project for my “Floor Loom Weaving” class from Craftsy. I'm doing a broken twill, as part of the design I'm making up myself.
The rolled-up paper is adding-machine tape, used to keep track of my pattern.
The pups and I found time on Wednesday for a hike and picnic. This was what it looked like on the trail.
While the weather is nice up here in the mountains, our neighborhood has a happy hour, rotating through the neighbors’ homes. This was Friday night:
For cuteness: Last week, Daphne had her first dentist visit. No cavities! They gave her some sunglasses to wear while she was being checked, so the bright light wouldn't bother her.
Welcome back to Utah to my friend Ellen. (I'll get more quilting done with her to inspire me.)

What's on my needles: The Lantana socks, The pants to Daphne’s Bunny Suit more than half finished.
What's on my loom: Craftsy Class Project, pillow #3, working on a broken twill pattern.
What's on my Featherweight: Piecing the strips to go with the hand appliqué. (Second appliqué panel more than half done.)
What's on my wheel: For TdF: Full Circle Roving “Caramel.”
What's on my iPhone: The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer was good. Also listened to Cross Country by James Patterson. Now listening to The Mists of Avalon by Marion Bradley. (Again, lots of audiobook listening while spinning this past week.) Also trying out the KnottyGirls Knitcast in the Podcasts app.
What's my app of the week: NonGMO, put out by the Non-GMO Project. They have a list of certified non-GMO brands and have included them all in this app, which is arranged by products, brands and supporting retailers.
What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec...good value and tasty. We get this one often.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook, using the iPad or iPhone for photo processing. Some photos taken with iPhone. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment