Monday, September 3, 2012

High Fiber--Autumn in the Air


We haven't had any snow yet, but fall is definitely in the air. I'm hoping to get my Dogwood Blossoms sweater done in time to wear this winter.
Winter comes early in Northern Utah, especially above 7,000'! We often have a light snowfall in September, so it won't be long now.
After last week's mishap with Sunny, the sweater is coming along slowly. I've finished the circle pattern. If you look at the sleeve to the right of the body, you can see where it's going next. Between the bathroom remodel and phone banking, I haven't had much time to work on it.
We have the hall linen closet ripped out:
We're leaving the vanity in the hall bath for now, so we can still wash hands. The master vanity is gone, though:
We had to make some adjustments to our plan, enlarging the new master bath by a few inches to make enough room for a vanity with drawers. It shrinks the powder room a little, but provides a bigger linen closet. I'll try to post a new plan next week.
On Thursday, my friend Ellen and I took Joanie some lunch and spent some time with her. She has been working on "George," a goat. She has him assembled, but now she's making his shaggy coat.

Joanie is on O2, which is probably a permanent thing. She also had some leg arteries replaced a year ago, and the wounds didn't heal, so she was in the hyperbaric chamber for 2 hrs. a day, Monday-Friday, for six weeks. Now it seems to be healing, but her doctors may want to do some skin grafts. I'm glad she has her knitting to keep her occupied!
We have Common Threads on Thursday. I'll try to get photos. 
DH has used one of the old vanity drawers to make a squirrel house for squeaky, who has been building a nest in the woodpile on our back deck. We always worry about removing the wood from the pile in the dead of winter, so this should help him and us! DH closed off the drawer with a spare board, then put a hole in it big enough for Squeeky to get inside. The new house is now buried deep in the wood pile. Hope Squeeky likes it!
What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms cardigan.
What's on my wheel: Still the Full Circle "Pigeon." Should be done by next week.
What's on my iPad: Dean Koontz's Odd Apocalypse from Audible.
What's my app of the week: Salt Lake Tribune's app for iPad. Now I can get my almost-local paper in an app.
What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw Chardonnay. (I don't usually like Chardonnay, but I do this one.)
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment