Sunday, November 21, 2010

High Fiber--Finishing Projects!

Quilts, amazing quilts! My Vintage Stitchers group met at Brenda's right after she went to the International Quilt Festival in Houston. Brenda brought each of us a bag as a souvenier. Here, Rebecca shows hers off:


Several people (besides me) brought quilt tops to give to Julie for professional machine quilting. This is a batik top made by Barbara:



Carol made two tops that will go on the same quilt, so it will be reversible. Here's one side:



...and here's the other:



Brenda showed off her wonderful workroom and quilting machine:



...and we got to admire this applique project Carol is working on:




...and this one by Rebecca:



In knitting news, I'm almost done with the Baby Surprise Jacket. Thursday my Common Threads group took a field trip to Bountiful, UT, to visit the quilt shop, Quilter's Haven, and the yarn shop, Hemstitched Heirlooms. At the yarn shop, I found these wonderful buttons for the Baby Surprise Jacket:



I have been working on a felted knitting bag, and I found this great lining at Quilter's Haven:



I finished the bag today. Here's a glimpse of the lining with its pocket:



I used button thread to sew the handles on, and then covered the D-rings with brown sock yarn.



A lucky family member will receive this as a present:



One of the benefits of living at high elevation is snow, and visits from very big wildlife, like this moose cow, who has come to eat some salt off the road. Yum!



I also finished carding the rest of the pacapoo (alpaca/merino/poodle blend) to be used to make a hat for Christmas for DH, so he can "wear" his precious pups on the slopes and while blowing the snow in the driveway. I'm finishing up the last of the dark chocolate Corriedale now, and then I can start on spinning the rest of the pacapoo blend.


We are expecting three more days of snow, and all the resort workers are doing the happy dance. Family will be coming in for Thanksgiving, so this will be a busy week for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Let's all remember what we have to be grateful for! I know I have many things, some of which I discussed in this blog.


Remember, too, to keep some fiber in your day...every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment