Monday, September 2, 2024

Home Again!

This doesn't look like much more has been done on the Oregon Autumn Cardigan, but the lighting is better, and I'm back to using the chart I made using Stitchfiddle. It's easier to read, because it's only dark (background) and light. (I've worked another few rounds since I took this photo.)



The colors change every 2-3 rounds, though, so I've written them in alongside the rounds in the pattern. I've also indicated which rounds are the decrease rounds. I didn't get much done on this project this week, because I spent a lot of time unloading the RPod, doing laundry and catching up on emails and house stuff.


One of the things we did was put the Pod back into her space next to the house. It's an easier job than backing the 5th wheel into this space was.



While we were traveling, I resolved to solve the issue of our upper cabinets. The first time we traveled with the Pod, the securely closed doors came open, and everything spilled out. I've been tying the handles shut with a dish towel.



When I was fastening the table in place before we moved the Pod a couple of weeks ago, I had an idea. The table came equipped with a nylon-webbing belt that can be fastened and then tightened, to minimize shifting during travel. (I always put a towel over the table to keep it from rubbing against the wall; the belt doesn't completely prevent that.)



I remembered that I had cannibalized the nylon-webbing belt that came with the dogs' treat pouch. I took the pouch off, and it is now on the belt that goes with the hands-free leash arrangement I use when walking the dogs. I used a section of the webbing to replace the lost tether to the safety harnesses the dogs wear in the car. I still had the leftover nylon webbing and the buckle, so....



We were gone a week longer than expected, so I was concerned about our sourdough starter, still sitting in the fridge. I needn't have worried, though. It was happy to see me and bubbled up nicely when it was fed.



Our new grandcat seems to have settled in nicely in her new home. 



Katie really knows how to relax! (The shaved tummy is left over from her surgery on August 20th.)



She does more than sleep, however. (Charlie and I helped put this cat tree back together. The top part had been dismantled.)



Katie seems even more drawn to her human family members than most cats are. Here she is, using Zachary's shoulder to relax on. She seems to be equally attracted to all the family members.



Meanwhile, one of the other grandsons got into trouble for putting a hole in the wall. Now he's learning useful life skills doing the repair.



The dogs and I are back to walking almost daily, now that we're home again. This time of year, you have to check the air quality, and since I don't have much sense of smell, I can't tell if it's bad unless I can see the smoke in the air. Here's Sunday's AQI report. The red X indicates about where our house is. the Air Pollution Station closest to us is right above it and to the left. The name of the station is "Kitty Corner."



I also have to take them early in the day, because it has been getting pretty hot from midday on.

Here's Dusty, checking his peemail. (This term came from a friend.)



We usually go a little more than two miles.



A new story is in the works. It will come out on Friday.


I have a lot of difficulty responding to comments to my blog posts because of technical issues beyond my control (my lack of understanding of how things work). Message me on Facebook, Ravelry or Spoutible if you need information.


If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Our Favorite Verses: Poems from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart". Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of any of our books, including Emil, Mariah or Classic Tales Retold, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still working on the Oregon Cardigan.

What's on my loom: Still in its corner under the windows.

What's on my sewing machine: Still its dust cover.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In Being Grateful, the dolls put aside some of their money to give to a charity. Each doll has chosen a different charity to give to.


What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to On Call: A Doctor's Journey in Public Service by Anthony Fauci for my personal listening. We've almost finished listening to The Martian by Andy Weir, which we started while traveling.

What's in my wine glass: Yellow Tail Pinot Noir 2022, one of our staple picks.

What's my tip of the week: It isn't good to leave your phone charging after it reaches 100%. I'm assuming that applies to other devices with batteries, such as tablets and laptops, so I'm unplugging when they get close to fully charged.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Our Favorite Verses: Poems from The Doll's Storybook is available from the BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. Poems included are Valentine's DayKeeping PetsBack to School, Victor the VultureThe Week Before Christmas, Insomnia and Veronika's Vocabulary Verses.
The stories in Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>  

No comments:

Post a Comment