Monday, February 13, 2023

Finished and Yet Not Finished

The kimchi is finished and ready to eat! Yum! (See link to recipe, below.)


You may remember, I made it last week, but it has to sit on the counter for a few days to be the way I like it. Like yoghurt, kimchi has probiotics. It’s also tasty. I use Mother In Law's Gochugaru chili flakes. You don’t have to have a press, but I think it makes it easier. A plate that will fit into a bowl will work. Here’s mine.



I usually have to make a loaf of bread about once a week. I’m still using the same sourdough starter I made when we couldn’t get reasonably priced yeast at the start of the pandemic. I feed the starter at the same time. I have two jars going, but I probably could use just one. It makes a very large loaf.


I finally finished the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery KAL (knit-along). Here it was just off the needles.




Now it’s blocking. It turned out a bit bigger than it was supposed to be. I didn’t swatch, because it doesn’t have to fit anyone. I didn’t run out of yarn, which could have been a problem with knitting too loosely.



The yarn is & Make DK. It’s nice to work with and has sort of a heathered look to it. It was reasonably priced, and coming in 50g balls instead of 100g, I didn’t need to get as much yarn. Each "clue" changed to the other color, and there was more than enough of one ball of yarn for each clue.

We received new photos of the puppies, who are now a month old. They had their first real grooming. Here are the three boys. (I don’t know which one is ours.)



So you can see their cuddly little bodies, here’s a photo of the whole litter, the three boys woth their sister, who is probably the one on the far left.



Daphne went with some of her dance colleagues to Disney World to perform. I’m looking forward to seeing the video, which is bound to be good based on the still shots, like this one.



I thought my computer problems were over, when my laptop arrived on Monday. However, it stopped downloading from the Cloud on Tuesday night. It took several calls to Apple to get it started again, but now I have double entries for everything in my calendar, and look at this:





Professionally published books are there, but all of my patterns are missing. I'm going to call again today. I wanted to give it plenty of time to finish the download.

Dusty and I have walked every day, because the weather has been nice. Charlie has gone with us about every other day, and on Saturday, we walked to the dog park, stayed there for a while, and then walked home. I also signed up for Spoutible, which I’m liking better than Twitter. Everyone is so nice. I hope it stays that way!


If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of any of our books, including Emil and Mariah, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery KAL, the Talvinen cardigan and the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating).

What's on my loom: Dust, but I still plan to make some placemats.

What's on my sewing machine: Still ready for back of T-shirt quilt.

What's in my hoop: Whole Cloth quilt, still no progress..

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In the latest story, "Photography," Billy is taking Pauly's photo for the next book from #TheDollsStorybook, and Pauly starts to wonder how a camera works.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to Das Verächtnis Der Drachenreiter by Christopher Paolini. I thought I would be done by now, but the computer issues left me little time to sit and knit with the audiobook.

What's in my wine glass: Maison du Bertrand Bordeaux 2019. One of the best of this variety I've tasted.

What's my tip of the week: Here is the recipe I use for kimchi. It’s vegan.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is available from BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. The stories are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment