Monday, August 15, 2022

Short and Sweet

This week's blog post will have to be short and sweet, or short at least. We expect to be on the road later today, and I'm in the throes of preparations to get the trailer stocked with everything needed for our trip. At least the weaving is done on the Trailer Rugs. Here it is, off the loom. 


There's some finishing to do and they need to be cut apart. I used cardboard between the rugs to keep a little bit of fringe. There will be three rugs. Two of them should fit in the trailer. The other one will have to find a place in the house.

I'll have to figure out what to do with all the loom waste.

The trailer is hooked up and pulled out of its spot in the back yard.

Because we're going to be gone all week, I had to finish two stories. You will see the story for last week below. This week's story will be out on Friday. I also received the notes from my proofreaders/editors. They gave me a lot of work to do, so I did it. As I write this, I have finished the corrections/rewrite, and my manuscript has gone back for a final proof. I plan on doing the layout for the cover when we get back from our trip, although I could work on it there, if there is enough down time.

I had the usual cooking, laundry, etc., besides two stories to write, the corrections for my new book and getting ready for the trip, so I didn't get much else done. However, next week's blog post should be interesting.

As always, If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still working on the first sleeve of the Hinterland Pullover. No progress on the EmPower People Kerchief.

What's on my loom: Only loom waste.

What's on my sewing machine: Its cover.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt, no progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In 
Back from Down Under, Jolena has just returned from a ski trip to Australia and has photos to show the boys. She saw some interesting animals there, which you can see in this week's story from "The Doll's Storybook."





What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. It was great! Now listening to Come a Little Closer by Rachel Abbott. 

What's in my wine glass: El Tinto Lot 41El Dorado Red Wine from MadroƱa Vineyards. This wine varies from year to year, but always a favorite.

What's my tip of the week: Don't wait until the last minute to get ready for a trip!

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment