Monday, December 13, 2021

Frantic Preparations

Our neighbor across the street put up his Christmas display at Thanksgiving. It serves as a reminder every night as I go to sleep. Christmas is getting closer.




We've made some progress in our preparations.  We have a wreath on the door.



We still don't have the tree up, but the space for it is cleared, and we got our Christmas letter written, and DH went out to a copy shop and made copies. We went through our list and sent as many by email as possible.



Jackson's sweater is done. The dolls are now back in their boxes, ready to meet their real children Christmas morning.



Here's the back, showing the buttons.




I have the stories written, photos taken and scheduled through New Year's Eve, and two more written after that for early January, with just the photos left to take. I still have cooking, baking, wrapping, and (ugh!) cleaning to do before the kids get here. DH will decorate the tree for me!

This photo of our church choir was taken as part of the Advent Word activity. We were practicing before the service.




We had our first snow Sunday morning. This is about typical for Bend.




I discovered this great Christmas song/video. (Love the cat.) I hope it will get you in the holiday spirit.



If you want a laugh, go to The Doll's Storybook on Friday (December 17th) after 1:00 PM PT for my poem, "The Week Before Christmas."

Note: If you've left comments and I haven't responded, it's because that function doesn't seem to be working for some reason. I will try again.

Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Sewing elbow patches on an old sweater. Sort of on my needle(s).

What's on my loom: Still the trailer rugs, but some progress.

What's on my sewing machine: The T-shirt quilt!

What's in my hoop: Still the whole cloth quilt.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Epistles from Dolls. The dolls pick names if students to write letters to to go along with copies of our second book.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still State of Terror by Louise Penny and Hillary Rodham Clinton on the Audible app. It's hard to stop listening.

What's in my wine glass: Tucana Cabernet Sauvignon Pinotage from South Africa. We've had this one before, and we like it.

What's my tip of the week: Cookie dough can be frozen and brought out to bake just what you need. Just add a couple of minutes to the cooking time..

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment