Monday, January 25, 2021

Finishing a Few Things

This was a big week for finishing things. Pippa's Winter Fair Isle Sweater is finished, for one.



The challenge was to get the motifs to come out evenly and still look OK on a smaller body.

With the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery Knit Along starting on Wednesday, I had to cake up my yarn, which I did the night before.




I finished the first "clue" on Friday. The next clue comes out this coming Wednesday.



I needed something to work on in the meantime. One of the Ravelry groups dealing with dolls was having a footwear knit along, so I started these socks using Knit Picks Stroll Brights in "Pucker." (Don't adjust your computer. The color really is that bright!)



I think the only shoes they will fit over is this pair of sandals. A little wild, when it comes to color scheme.





I turned the corner on my whole-cloth quilt only to discover that I had much more quilting to do on the last edge. The cross-hatching goes quickly, though. It will give me some audio-book-listening time. The remaining unquilted edge is about 12" from the actual edge of the quilt.




I'm really, really enjoying my new thimble!

We celebrated the inauguration on Wednesday, the finish of a long campaign and the beginning of a new era.




We won't be able to close out the Covid-19 era for a while. We thought we would be able to make an appointment for getting the vaccine starting Saturday, but supplies were less than believed. Now seniors are being passed over in order to give the existing supply in the state to essential workers, including teachers. Many seniors are upset, but I don't begrudge teachers and existing workers their preferred spot in line. I'm happy to stay home because I can. We've signed up to be informed, however, when we become eligible. They expect to have vaccine for people 80+ February 8th. When those people have received the vaccine, they will drop the threshold to people 75+, which will include us.
A Ravelry friend who lives in Europe recently wrote that her friends often joke, "Stay negative!"
Please do!



What's on my sewing machine: Clothing repairs.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. A little more progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: This Is Who I Am! Mariah tries on a head scarf to see how she would look with one. She explains to some of the other dolls why she might want to wear one if she grew up, but she knows she won't grow up, because she's a doll.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Just finished The Thief of Lanwyn Manor by Sarah E. Ladd from Chirp. Now Listening to Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann from Audible.

What's in my wine glass: Atico Monastrell 2019.

What's my tip of the week: Basil will grow well on your windowsill if you keep the roots moist. I keep mine in a dish with water in the bottom.

Where's my book: Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available from Amazon worldwide. Also available from BookBaby and other booksellers. Royalties go to support pediatric cancer research and treatment.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Keep Negative and stay safe and well! I try to get an appointment every day, but the only opening I have found so far is in Binghamton, NY which is about 400 miles from where we live on Long Island. My husband got his first shot but had to go into Sloan Kettering Manhattan which is just over 80 miles away, and has an appointment for his second at the same location. I hope you get yours soon. Meanwhile, keep knitting and writing stories!--Kathy

    ReplyDelete