Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Greetings!

If you look carefully, you can see the wreath on my front door.



My house is still in turmoil. However, the broken-down boxes and the packing materials that are no longer needed have gone on to a new home to be used again, thanks to the Redmond Online Yard Sale group on Facebook.

Our trials have continued, though. We managed to get the stove hooked up. The plumber gave us a senior discount, which was nice. We are repeat customers for him, because he put in the gas to our laundry room for our dryer. However, when we took all the tape off the stove, we found this:



Oops! It appeared to be missing three screws, but when the people from Lowe's came out to look, they said there were three rivets missing. They can't order just the drawer, so we are getting another new stove. It will take two to three weeks, as this one did. However, good people, Lowe's.

We couldn't find an electrician to fix our wires, so DH wrapped the two wires with electrical tape, so we wouldn't have a fire.



Our home warranty was able to find us an electrician, and he came on Saturday and fixed it good as new. However, a new problem emerged. The fitting wanted to cross-thread, though, so, after several hours of struggle, DH gave up and decided to call a plumber. I have 10 people in the house, and the hot water is turned off to the kitchen. I'm carrying water from the powder room to wash dishes. And it's Christmas Eve. I have lot's of adult help, though, so that's fine.

This week Billy finally got his professional haircut. Here he is, with my (and now his) stylist, Sylvia Burger at Bella Hair Salon in Bend, Oregon. (She does a great job on me, too.)



Here he is at home, after it had dried.


And the back:


It was a challenge, because the rooted hair gives him cowlicks all over. The back couldn't be cut too short, or it would stick straight out. I think she did a fantastic job. The haircut will enter into the first story in January.

I had to tidy up the fiber studio, so it could be used by family as a bedroom this week. I discovered it was a great place to wrap packages.



There should be plenty of room on the floor for an inflatable mattress, because we haven't set up the work table yet.



The pups went to the groomer on Wednesday, so I was able to get a nice photo of them in front of the tree. (That was before I started wrapping packages.)


My little angels wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, joyeux Noël, hyvää joulua, vrolijk kerstfeest, buon Natale, feliz Navidad, selamat hari natal, щасливого Різдва, счастливого Рождества, عيد ميلاد سعيد, and the same in Doll Language, which is a very silent language, something like telepathy. If you listen carefully with your mind, you will hear them.




What's on my needles: Still the Kisu Takki Cardigan for Jolena, the same as the Stavanger, but with a different chart.  

What's on my Sparrow 15: Christmas wrap. It's a great surface for holding tape, scissors, ribbons and paper.

What's in my hoop: Still the Spring Flowers quilt, no progress again this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Santa Visits. This week's story is Santa and why he gives children gifts. Next week the dolls will share their presents with you. 

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen, no listening this week. I'm listening to Christmas/holiday music.

What's in my wine glass: Lar de Oro Tempranillo Syrah. It's from Spain. Very nice.

What's my tip of the week: When you buy appliances, it's probably cheaper in the long run to pay them to install them.



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment