Monday, December 18, 2017

Holiday Preparations

I went to visit my friend Joanie on Friday. 


I got to see Joanie’s finished afghan. I think you might have seen this when she was working on it.

Joanie is practically housebound, and I hadn’t visited for a while. I took my knitting. Vroni went with me. 



Vroni seemed to enjoy the ride, and while we were at Joanie’s, she sat demurely on the edge of the coffee table, with her hands folded in her lap, gazing fondly at Joanie. (Someone must have told her that children should be seen and not heard. I heard that a lot when I was a child.) I think we cheered Joanie up.

I put together a vignette for the holidays for my doll-loving friends. The tree is a 32” fiber-optic tree, which we’re using as a temporary Christmas tree this year, since we’re going away. The fireplace is my iPad in a frame I had made to fit and playing the FirePlace app.


The girls posed together for a photo in front of the tree.



The final Park City Singers concert was Saturday night. Someone from our group made a little video of warming up before the Sunday night concert, which was fun, and they posted a photo on the group's Facebook page.


If you're hoping for some grandchild cuteness, here you go, Daphne and Zachary taken at the Christmas Social for their dance group.



I'm skipping my regular blog for next week, but I've scheduled a holiday greeting to take its place. I'm sure my readers will be busy anyway. This week will mostly be spent preparing for our trip to Oregon and on the road. We plan on spending a few days in Bend, then driving to Beaverton for a few days before heading back. I hope to stop in at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, if we go through there when they're open.


What's on my needles: Still testing the twinset pattern, this time in Blossom Heather.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Now listening to Between Black and White, by Robert Bailey. Still looking for a book on my Kindle app.

What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw Shiraz (Two-buck Chuck from Trader Joe’s). Incredibly cheap, but very nice.

What's my tip of the week: Did you boil some eggs and put them in the fridge, and now you don’t know which ones? You can tell if an egg has been boiled or not by spinning it on a flat surface. A boiled egg will spin easily, but a raw egg will turn slowly and wobble slightly as the liquid inside doesn’t spin so easily.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment