Monday, March 27, 2017

A Steek in My Heart

Zachary Jr.’s Blue Horizon Fair Isle Sweater is coming along.



Carter is modeling it for me. When it was time to check for sleeve length, the "girls" had to have a look and give their advice.



I think I’ll have the pattern for this sweater ready to publish this week. I’ve been posting photos of each step in one of the doll groups as a tutorial for people to refer to. I think it's almost as much fun to write a knitting pattern as it is to knit the project.

I plan to make one for Daphne Jr., one for Lukas (Soren's doll) and then one each for Carter and whoever the other doll will be to auction off for Habitat for Humanity in October. I may vary the motifs, but I certainly will vary the colors. Last year we outfitted two Creatology dolls from Michaels and made $350+ for Habitat for Humanity.

Vintage Stitchers met at Janet’s on Thursday. We had several new projects to look at. This one was a pattern by Edyta Sitar.


Janet has been working on this for some time. You may have seen the blocks in previous posts. The top is now done. It's flannel appliqué applied using a machine blanket stitch.



The pups cleaned up nicely at the groomer’s on Wednesday.



Rocky is doing well on his thyroid medication. It has brought his thyroid levels up to well within the normal limits. He seems to have more energy, too, and didn't complain when the weather turned cold again. (He often paws at the small electric heater, to tell us he wants it turned on.) That's especially good in light of the fact that he hasn't been wearing his sweater. He seems happier, too. Dusty's silver coloring is showing more each time he's groomed.

The pups even went ankle-deep in the cold water at Gorgoza Pond on Monday after his visit to the vet to have his thyroid checked. This is one of our favorite locations for off-leash walks. It's quite a bit lower than the trails around our house, and most of the trail is paved for bicycles, so we don't spend much time sloshing through the mud this time of year.



We got more snow Saturday, and then it turned cold. Enough already!


What's on my needles: Zachary Jr.’s “Blue Horizon” sweater, the second sleeve. 

What's on my Featherweight:
 Steeks for “Zachary’s Blue Horizon” sweater are done, then the binding for the Kaleidoscope quilt. Ready for some boy doll clothes.

What's on my loom: Still waiting.

What's on my wheel: Stanzi also still waiting. She may not see any action until the weather is warm enough to sit out on the deck and spin.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished listening to The Professor by Robert Bailey. A good read, similar to Grisham’s law novels. Now listening The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. Also listening to the choruses from The Messiah we will be singing Palm Sunday evening. On the Kindle app, I’m still reading Dying to Read, The Cate Kinkaid Files Book #1.

What's in my wine glass: Foxhorn Cabernet Sauvignon. The big bottle. If it snows anymore, I'm going to be looking for a gallon size.

What's my tip of the week: Potatoes are more nutritious if cooked in the skins. I take the skins off after cooking. It’s usually easy to do just using fingers.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment