Monday, May 30, 2016

Rain and Sun, Roosters, Frogs and Pups

On Sunday I finished “Sunny’s Socks.”

I’m using Charlene Schurch’s “Baby Cable Rib” pattern. The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll “Sunny Afternoon” hand-painted sock yarn, a gift from a dear friend, a remembrance of our Sunny, who was sunny all day long.
The "Waimea Rooster" Merino and black Tencel roving spinning is coming along. Saturday I received more of this luscious fiber in the mail, along with some “Knitting Community Orphans” and “The Frog Prince” colorways from AlohaBlu using the same fiber. The gigantic 8oz Waimea Rooster is in the middle. 

The braid on the left is the "Knitting Community Orphans," and the one on the right is "The Frog Prince," based on the photos used for our Ravelry group, The Frog Prince and His Knitting Community Orphans. I have 4oz of each. I ordered these two for this year's Tour de Fleece.  (Our group will have its own team this year.) The Tour de Fleece (TdF) runs concurrently with the Tour de France in July. Spinners on Ravelry sign up for teams and challenge themselves (or just relax and spin) with wheel and/or spindle.

In quilting news, the binding is finished on my “Seeing Stars” quilt. Here it is on the bed:


The design is based on Connecting Threads’ “Clara’s Journey.”
Vintage Stitchers met on Thursday. We met at Diane’s. She had her “Hop To It” quilt on the wall.


Barbara was sewing the binding on this great sampler quilt. (You may have seen this before, but just as a top.)


Marilyn is almost done with this great quilt:


I worked on hand-quilting my “Delectable Pathways” quilt.

DD sent me this photo of Miss Daphne and Daphne Jr., who is wearing her Red Riding Hood outfit. She wanted to show me how much she is enjoying her birthday present.


We’ve been getting a lot of rain lately, but Saturday was mostly nice, so Rocky and I went for a walk/hike, which started and ended up on-leash on the street, but included a nice section of off-leash time for us.


What's on my needles: Still hand-quilting the “Delectable Pathways” quilt. Working on the “Sunny’s Socks.” Still have Aran sweater for Daphne Jr. and “Trickle Sock”s on needles.
What's on my Featherweight: Waiting for the next project.
What's on my wheel: Waimea Rooster Merino/Tencel from AlohaBlu.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Dragon Rose by Christine Pope on the Audible app. It was delightful. Now I’m listening to Split Second by David Baldacci. Good so far. Still looking for a book to read on the Kindle app on my iPad, but I’ve been catching up on my magazines on Zinio.
What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec 2014, one of our faves.
What's my tip of the week: If you’re mostly using the same set of cutlery, you can save time unloading the dishwasher if you train family members to put all the big spoons in a certain slot in the cutlery basket, all the little spoons in another slot (always the same), etc. Then when you go to unload the cutlery, you can just grab everything that’s in one slot and put it away at one time, no sorting. Of course, you would have to deduct the time it takes to train family members to put things away in the dishwasher in the right slots.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment