Monday, November 3, 2014

The Last Bunny...by a Hare.

I finished the second boy bunny, this one for Soren.


He and Zachy's bunny have the same attire, although the bunnies look very different, so we won't get them mixed up at Christmas. Daphne's bunny is wearing Mary Janes, actually knitted as her feet. The two boy bunnies get Nikes (also knitted as their feet), in honor of Soren and Johan's mother, who works for the company:

Like the undies, this is a departure from the pattern instructions from Little Cotton Rabbits, which have them bare except for the clothes that come off.

I've made a good start on Johan's Baby Boy Bunny. The head is done.

I don't know if you can tell, but this bunny has blue eyes, like most human babies. I thought about giving him pink eyes, like real white bunnies, but decided this was cuter. This bunny will be wearing a soaker and booties, knitted as part of the body and feet, along with a baby sweater, which will be removable. Watch for him (finished, with any luck) next week.

There was no stitching group this week, because it was a fifth Thursday, but Joanie and I went to Ogden for the antique fair on Saturday. I didn't find anything to buy at the fair, but found some sock yarn at The Needlepoint Joint, where we always stop when we make these trips. I've been wanting socks to match my new turtleneck, and this yarn will be perfect!


We also finally got our first snow of the season on Sunday, but very late for the first snow. Usually it comes in September. At least I have a nice cozy nest for curling up with my knitting or quilting.

We turned our clocks back Saturday night. I think it's a dumb idea, but we're stuck with it. I will be tired and hungry for the next three weeks until I adjust, although I've been trying to stay up later and eat later, to prepare. No one asked me.

But to end on a positive note, here's some cuteness for this week:

What's on my needles: Johan's Baby Boy Bunny. Also still the Johan socks (for me) and Mr. F's clothes. My quilting needles are still working on the hand-quilting of my Spring Flowers quilt.

What's on my Featherweight: Crystal Stars is still with the quilter for custom quilting when she finishes the Reflections quilt.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Just One Damn Thing After Another, the first volume of Jodi Taylor's "The Chronicles of St. Mary's." Then I listened to Strange Highways by Dean Koontz, and now Last Wool and Testament by Molly MacRae, another of Audible's "Daily Deals" recently, as was the Jodi Taylor book. Koontz has been a favorite for years, but now I have two more authors I've discovered through Audible's "Daily Deal," each the first of a series. Just finished with Cheryl Bradshaw's I Have a Secret, from Book Bub and starting Sherwood Smith's Crown Duel, also from Book Bub.

What's my app of the week: Goodreads. When I see the Daily Deal from Audible each day, or a book from Book Bub that isn't free, and it sounds interesting, I go to the Goodreads app and look it up to see what others have to say about it.

What's in my wine glass: Woodbridge Zinfandel 2013, a nice value.

What's my tip of the week: When you have to measure a liquid for a recipe that also calls for a solid that's harder to measure, such as butter or yogurt, use a measuring cup large enough for both, put the liquid in first to the correct measurement, then add the solid until it reaches the level of the two added together. Say you want to measure a half cup of butter and a cup of milk. Fill the measuring cup to the 1 C mark, then add the butter until the total reaches the 1 1/2 C mark. This only works, of course, if they two ingredients are added at the same time.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment