Monday, May 6, 2013

High Fiber--Ready, Sett, Warp!


Common Threads met at Georgette's this week, and we had some varied projects. Margareth had finished this woven wrap:
Janet had made progress on her Dogwood Blossoms sweater. The photo didn't turn out, so I'll have to show it another time. Lone was working on needle felting:


Joanie finished her Moebius scarf while we were together:


Georgette was starting a new needlepoint project. She showed us this knitting project she had finished. It's a reversible cable scarf:


Barbara had finished the socks she made using my hand-spun yarn I made for her:


The charity quilt only needs a label. Karan is going to make one for it:

I took my "Delectable Pathways" appliqué to work on and the blocks I still needed to remove the paper from (from the paper-foundation piecing). The pieced blocks are all finished, unless I've counted wrong.

On Saturday I finished the "Ocean Placemats" and took them off the loom. I needed to sew around the edges and hem the selvedges:


I've been spinning in the evening. I'm working on the Full Circle Roving in "Pigeon." Here's my progress on the singles:


Knit Picks was having a Dishie sale, which made the other colors as cheap as the yarn in the kit. I was planning to make rugs for the new bathrooms using WotA bulky yarns and leftover carpet warp, and needed a couple of colors I didn't have in my stash anyway, so it was a good time for an order. We also need a bathmat, and I thought Dishie would be perfect for it. I'm planning on using the "Absorba, the Great Bathmat" pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting for that. I ordered Dishie in "Linen" for the bathmat and "Fiesta Red," "Clementine," "Conch" and "Creme Brûlée" for more placemats (still have plenty of "Swan" left over from the other placemats). The "Linen" Dishie is on backorder, but the other stuff came on Saturday:


We had nice weather on Tuesday, so we took the pups for a hike down in Salt Lake City, where the trails were dry and the snow was gone. We hiked up to a location called "The Living Room." There are flat rocks arranged like couches, where you can get a panoramic view of the city. I thought you would appreciate this cute photo of Sunny waiting for Daddy to come up with a treat in his pack:

It snowed the next two days. Again!
What's on my needles: Daphne's Bunny Suit, front done through part of the bunny pattern, and Dogwood Blossoms. 

What's on my loom: Warping for the bathroom rugs now.

What's on my iPad: Listening to another Audible audiobook, Debbie Macomber's Hannah's List, and various podcasts, including Seyne Mitchell's Weavecast and Benjamin Levisay's Fiber Hooligan podcast, new episode available today.

What's on my wheel: Full Circle Roving in "Pigeon." Well into the second bobbin.

What's on my Featherweight: Delectable Pathways, blocks finished, and making progress on the appliqué.

What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec 2011, one of our favorites.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook, using the iPad for photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment