Monday, November 5, 2012

High Fiber--Canvassing, Cabinets and Cutting


Common Threads met on Thursday at Jean's. She has made progress on her blanket made of leftover sock yarn:
While we were there, a couple of moose paid a visit.
As soon as I got home, I had to pack for the trip to Colorado to canvass for the election. This time I got to go to Denver on a bus with lots of other volunteers:
The long trip from Utah to Denver gave me lots of time to work on my Dogwood Blossoms cardigan. The body is almost done. Then I will have to try it on and see if I need to make the sleeves longer. (See previous log posts for information on this project.)
We stayed with the brother of one of our local volunteers. It was fun getting to know new people. The brother's wife is a knitter. I'll try to share some of her knitting next week.
We had an surprise job Sunday night. Utah volunteers were among those selected to work the president's visit to Aurora. I took this photo:
The people who worked the event got places in front, so I was also among those whose hand he shook after his speech.
While I was in Colorado, some progress on the bathroom occurred. Here are the cabinets for the vanity:
This is the new linen cabinet:
In baby news, Soren had his first haircut:

He was so good! I guess he's too young to be afraid of a haircut, I guess!
Tomorrow is election day. Be sure to vote. If you don't vote, you can't complain.
What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms. Coming down the home stretch.
What's on my wheel: Full Circle Roving in "Pigeon."
What's on my iPad: The House of the Deer by D. E. Stevenson from Audible.
What's in my wine glass: Amberhill Secret Blend 2010. I think I have a new favorite!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook, using the iPad for photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment