Sunday, October 17, 2010

High Fiber--Celebrations

Remember this fiber I spun awhile back?



I gave it to Joanie for her birthday on October 8th.



Included in the package were these cute little stitch markers I picked up at Three Wishes in West Jordan, UT. That's where I picked up the Louet spinning fiber, wool/mohair/rayon/bamboo in Juniper that I spun for her. Coincidentally, that's where my Kromski Sonata spinning wheel came from.



In other news, we had a visit from a moose mother and her adolescent daughter:



While we were hiking, we looked for some late flowers to dedicate to Eileen, but this was the best we could do. She would have liked them, though.



On Sunday we hiked again and found these:



We had the celebration of her life Wednesday evening, and it was a great party. DH, DS2 and his SO and I put together a photo album with photos of her from as far back as 1964. One of the "kids" (I don't remember which) suggested putting out paper and pens for people to write their thoughts to be included in the extra pages of the photo album. It was a big hit.

We met DS1 and his DW at Denny's Saturday morning. They flew in to SLC to visit her son and his wife in Idaho. We had breakfast, a nice visit, and then they all drove to Idaho. They will be back on Wednesday. Here's my DDIL and her DS:



Saturday night we attended an "engagement" party given by two of our friends. Their kids were all there for the party, and her DD and DS entertained us with a few songs.



We went back to their house for Indian food after the party.

Rocky and Sunny really enjoyed the hike on Sunday.



Besides the flowers for Eileen, we found this:



How many of you thought, "spinning fiber?" I had my drop spindle along, so that could be why that came to mind.

There has been progress this week on my latest knitting project, formerly a spinning project. It's the cardigan I'm making from the natural dark chocolate and white Corriedale, and the blue, burnt orange and taupe Corriedale I dyed with Koolaid, all spun for the same project.



In spinning on my wheel, I've been working on the KP SW merino and nylon I dyed awhile back for another BSJ for Daphne:



It's fun to see the colors change as it spins up! My drop spindles still have the same fiber, but I have been making some progress. Not much reading done this week with company and two parties. Things are quieter now, though, so I expect to be reporting on reading and other matters again soon.

Another sadness came about this past week. One of my knitting and stitching buddies, Norma, passed away suddenly of an aneurysm. She was 82 but quite active. Our Common Threads group will miss her.
Please, dear friends, stay healthy! I need all the friends I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment