Monday, April 15, 2019

Work or Play?

The big event of the week was our viewing of Missing Link on Friday. We snapped a photo of the credits when son Peter's name came up.


In my opinion, it's the best Laika film yet. After the movie let out, we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner.

Earlier in the week, on Tuesday, we went to Walmart so I could do a photo shoot for the week's story in The Doll's Storybook. You can find the story here. This photo will give you a hint as to what it's about.



Many thanks to the Walmart employee who played along and allowed his hand to be in the photo.

We bought Daphne a doll for her birthday, which is the middle of next month. Here's the one we bought:



She is the Götz Happy Kidz doll named Marie and is almost identical to Jolena, except Jolena has a part in the middle, and Marie's hair is pulled back. Now I'm working on outfits for Marie, and Jolena is (logically) acting as my model, because she has the same coloring. Marie arrived in Wisconsin on Friday and is resting in her box (possibly in the parents' closet) until Daphne's birthday.

I finished this outfit on Wednesday.


The turtleneck is my pattern. The pleated skirt is made from quilting cotton. The instructions are here.

Next I made the pajamas, using my pants pattern and the Little Abbee Slumber Party pattern for the top, altered to fit.



I'm sending Marie this bathing suit, which is made from a girls' sock, and so will have to make another one when I get a chance. (This is Vroni modeling.) I thought Daphne would like it because of the kitty face on the top.



I'm working on a twinset now in "Huckleberry Heather" Palette yarn. I plan to make some slacks to go with it. Marie will need a coat, even though it will already be getting warm. I haven't figured out what to do for that yet.

I worked a little bit on the Spring Flowers quilt. After Marie's wardrobe is finished, I hope to be at it most of my free time until it's finished. With luck, I can finish it while it's still spring. then I will have to find another wall for it.

Cooking always cuts into my sewing/knitting time. I usually bake our bread. This one was for sandwiches. I use the bread machine on the dough cycle.



Finally, I thought we needed some more cuteness this week. Here's Soren and Louis, napping together.


Well, they are partly on a quilt. It's this one:



What's on my needles: Twinset cardigan for Marie.

What's on my sewing machine: Doll clothes for Daphne's birthday doll, Marie.

What's in my hoop: Still the Spring Flowers quilt. 

What's in The Doll's Storybook: The Birthday Gift.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Revenant Eve by Sherwood Smith. It was a good story, although it was the third in the series. Fortunately, the author fills in the blanks for us. I would have listened to the others first, but this was the first one available to me as an audiobook. Maybe someday I'll get to listen to the rest of the series. Now listening to Molly by M. C. Beaton. 

What's in my wine glass: Patón Clemente Tempranillo Crianza 2016, from La Mancha. Delightful.

What's my tip of the week: Beware of leaving your sewing pins on a magnetic pin holder for too long. Eventually the pins will become magnetized as well and stick together. This is the kind I mean.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment