Monday, December 26, 2016

On the First Day of Christmas....

The only crafting I got done on Christmas was cooking.

Here's our Lohipirakka (salmon pie), our traditional Finnish Christmas Eve dish. We asked Daphne if she knew what a salmon was. Her answer? "A fish that migrates." We were all impressed.



 DD's two children had menorahs sent to them by their other grandparents. Zachary's was a little train, and Daphne's was a row of ballet slippers.


Christmas morning was a happy zoo. The children all received presents they liked. The dolls and doll clothes were a big hit. Zachary is thrilled to have his own doll, so he doesn't have to play with Sister's dolls.


 Soren was especially happy when he saw that he was getting the same doll as Zachary's.



Johan enjoyed playing with his brother and older cousins.



By Christmas night, I realized I was coming down with something. Today is my birthday. Why do I always get sick for my birthday? I just hope I don't give it to anyone.

On a brighter note, I hope everyone has a wonderful 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment