Monday, November 28, 2016

The White Stuff

We got hit with snow again.


That's the view from our upper deck. You can't see the mountains in the distance, because it was still snowing. Here's what our lower decks look like.



Early Thanksgiving morning, I was out on the front deck with Dusty when the snowplow went by. They have a lot of flashing lights and make rattling sounds, because of the chains. Dusty ran to me and watched at it go by. I told him, "It's normal," which is my way of saying he needn't be concerned.



He loves the snow, though. We got more on Sunday. The boys played in the back for more than an hour and came in with legs like this.



Then it was time for a nap, of course.



Dusty knows how to keep himself entertained. He seems to have a taste for wood. Here are four examples of his handiwork. DDIL2 thinks he should move to Oregon, because clearly he's a beaver wannabe.



We cancelled our Thanksgiving celebratory dinner because I had a fever Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't feel like doing anything but read and sleep, and I was afraid I might be contagious. Maybe the "cold" was really the flu (I've had my flu shot, but it doesn't cover everything), but by Friday I was able to knit again. I started on Deb Denair's Camelot pattern, a doll dress for Hannah, to put aside for Miss Daphne's birthday in May. I have both sleeves finished and the skirt started.



I'm using Knit Picks Palette in Pool and Fog.

I got a little more work done organizing my fabrics, but not enough to be worth another photo.

What's on my needles: The “So-not-my-palette Cardigan” second sleeve is coming along, and the Camelot dress. 

What's on my Featherweight: Waiting for the next project.

What's on my wheel: Still put away for now.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to music for Park City Singers. Finished Davenport House by Marie Silk on my Kindle app on my iPad. Then I read The Unwanted Heiress by Amy Corwin. I enjoyed it very much because the the interesting plot, believable characters and nice touches of humor. I liked it so much, I've started another book by the same author, A Rose Before Dying.

What's in my wine glass: Black Box Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 vintage. Surprisingly good for a box wine, with the advantage that the quality doesn't diminish if you don't drink the whole thing right away.

What's my tip of the week: Leftover turkey inspired the TV dinner. You can make your own. If you don't have TV dinner trays, you can place heavy-duty foil over a dinner plate, load it up with suitable portions, cover with a lighter-weight foil, sealing the edges, and freeze. Once frozen, you can remove the dinner plate. Another option is to use foil pie pans. Don't let leftover Thanksgiving food go to waste or risk having your family get sick of it.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment