Monday, April 28, 2014

Getting Out of Dodge

Another crazy week! However, the next week should be calmer. More on that later. The BSJ for BS2 is almost finished. 
Just the shoulder/sleeve seams and buttons to go. That won't take long, so I'm putting it off for a bit, since BS2 isn't due to put in an appearance until August.
In the meantime, I've been swatching for the Mary Tudor cardigan. The blue and he black aren't included in my planned colors. I just used them to get gauge.
However, my KP order came quickly. Here it is, the rest of the yarn I need, two Starmore books and a cable I've been needing.
Now that I know I can get the gauge I need to make the sweater small enough for me, I'm ready to start it. I've finished some UFOs, so I feel smugly justified in starting a new project.
Among the projects I've finished are the doll bed and bedding. I covered the bed bases with plastic shelf liner. Here's the bed, disassembled and ready to pack for shipping, along with the bedding and instructions for assembly.
The Green Tea Socks are finished. The second sock was almost entirely knit during the 15-minute trip to Silver Sneakers and back, which goes to show what you can get done in those few minutes here and there.
The quilt magazine I recently subscribed to, Missouri Star Block, arrived. 
This magazine is book quality, and a great value.
Besides all the fun of projects to work on and finish, I had an unpleasant procedure to get through, one that has a prep that isn't fun. Added to that unpleasantness was missing Vintage Stitchers this week. I would rather have been there. However, my gastroenterologist looks like a young Michael Douglas, and has a great "bedside manner." Not that I want to do it again soon....
After several weeks of being busier than usual, I'm ready for a nice vacation. Guess what? I get one! We're leaving tomorrow to go camping in southern Utah, first Moab for hiking with DH's brother, and then a couple of days at Capitol Reef National Park.
I've cooked up and frozen some nice dishes to thaw and heat up, so I don't have to cook too much, selected some DVDs we can watch on my MacBook, and picked out my projects to work on. I'm taking my Mary Tudor, and I hope to CO and. Get a few rows done. Also ready to take is my Delectable Pathways, which I want to finish soon. I'll throw in yarn and needles for more socks, in case I need something mindless and small. Also going along is my poodle cross-stitch project, representing Rocky and Sunny, which I stared a few days ago. I won't be bored! I wish I could take my wheel along, but we're still getting snow, so taking the trailer up to the house isn't an option, so everything will have to be schlepped by car to the trailer, with space at a premium, so...next time.

What's on my needles: Swatch for Mary Tudor Cardigan, soon to CO.
What's on my Featherweight: Still waiting for Delectable Pathways to be ready to put together. 
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Lightning by Dean Koontz. Started The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen. Still watching "Stranded Colorwork, Basics and Beyond" from Craftsy.
What's my app of the week: Craftsy. I know I've promoted the Craftsy app before, but I have to talk about my recent experience. I updated the iOS on my iPhone this past week, and all of a sudden the video screen for the classes were tiny. I mean, TINY! There was no way to get rid of the comments at the bottom to make room for a bigger screen. I sent an email to the developer and got an immediate reply. The woman said they were aware that the new update had caused problems, and she would get back to me as soon as they had a fix. The next day I opened the Craftsy platform, and it was working again the way it was supposed to. Then in my inbox was an email from the developer's rep who had emailed me originally. Great service!
What's in my wine glass: Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot by Concha y Toro, Chile, the big bottle. Also Charles Shaw's Pinot Grigio. Both nice, but the Pinot Grigio is outstanding.
What's my tip of the week: A seam ripper, short knitting needle or awl is a great tool for guiding fabric past your sewing machine's presser foot.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment